It’s something that we’ve all done at some point. Whether it be a glass of wine, a cup of coffee or a plate of food we’ve all experienced the sinking feeling of dropping it on our carpet. The big question everyone asks is what should I do. The best thing to do is take immediate action before the spillage has time to penetrate the fibres and make matters a whole lot worse. Once this has been done you can contact a london carpet stain removal expert. In general the actions to follow should be based upon the following steps.
- Scoop up immediately as much as possible of any spillage using a simple spoon or knife or whatever else is handy.
- Time is important. In particular try not to let any hot spillages dry or cool. This will make it more difficult to remove.
- Using some sort of blotting cloth or sponge remove as much as possible. Remember to work from the outside of the stain to the inside. This stops you spreading it and potentially making it worse!
- Avoid rubbing the stain during any part of this process as it may cause damage to the area you’re trying to restore.
- Once the stain has been removed use kitchen towel or something similar to blot up the remaining moisture.
- Don’t walk on the area until it’s totally dry.